The Star Supply Company has a Recovery program to fit your needs. Star Supply stocks 30, 50, 125lb tanks in High & Low pressure for your convenience. Our offerings allow our customers the option of selecting larger tanks for less handling or smaller tanks, making it easier to handle from job to job.
Below are a few details to the program that we currently offer:
- We will pick-up and deliver tanks as part of our services
- We will accept any manufactures tank in the sizes listed above
- Tanks must be filled a minimum of 50% or additional charges may apply
- The 125 lb tanks with R-22 is eligible for a credit of $0.50 a lb up to $45.00. The redemption center must confirm the purity of the refrigerant in order to be eligible.
- We will refund your deposit fee on returned tanks within a few business days
- Handling fees range from $30 to $45
- Recertification fees (if applicable) range from $30 to $50
- Disposal fee for R22 and other refrigerants below 90% purity will be charged a fee of $2.00 per lb
Safe Refrigerant Recovery
Safety of our customers, as well as our employees, has always been a high priority at The Star Supply Company. As a result, we would like to share some tips to recover refrigerant safely and avoid possible personal injury or damage to your equipment.
Find out more about How to reclaim
Please contact your designated sales representative or contact our Inside Sales Department at 203-772-2240 for more details.
Mercury Thermostat Recycling Program
Did you know it is illegal to dispose mercury thermostats in solid waste in Connecticut? HVAC contractors must recycle all mercury thermostats they remove from service, and it is illegal to leave them at the customer’s premise.
The Star Supply Company has partnered with the Thermostat Recycling Corporation (TRC), which is a nonprofit HVAC industry organization that facilitates the collection and proper disposal of mercury-containing thermostats nationwide. When mercury thermostats are removed from service they may be brought to The Star Supply Company to recycle through TRC's program at no cost. Visit www.thermostat-recycle.org for more information about proper mercury thermostat disposal.